Thursday, July 20, 2006

Where is Friday?

I nearly had an accident driving my car this morning. I was making a turn when one of the bags in my front passenger seat obstructed the gear-changing left hand. Taking a quick glance at the bag, I pushed it away.

Big mistake. My body followed the direction of my eyes. My hand unconsciously swerved to the left. I recovered just in time as the car nearly went up the kerb.

I wonder how many accidents happened because a mother turned back to look at her kids, or a young man stole a quick glance at his fiancee.

Anyway, I don't know what kind of relief washed over me. That I am unhurt or that nothing happened to the car. Perhaps I am just thankful for both.

You see, car repairs are expensive, especially those at my expense. *mutters quietly*

Now where is my coffee to wake me up? Tell me Friday is tomorrow.

No comments: