Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Of 'Ovis Aries' and Leadersheep by SM Goh

I am bemused by SM Goh Chok Tong's statement (from Temasek Review),

"(The ancient saying is) ‘an army of sheep led by a lion is stronger than an army of lions led by a sheep’. In other words, leadership is critical in battles; the leadership qualities, the courage and the ability and getting the team to follow you is crucial."

With this mentality there is no wonder why GM is down in the dumps. That goes for Temasek and GICs which are losing so much of our public money. Write off, mind you, and not something recoverable. And they are still paying top dollar for these 'lion-headed' leadersheep.

Stop over-selling yourself and the PAP. As I have blogged before, it is both the captain _and_ the crew working together to steer the ship through the storms. This 'higher-than-thou' attitude needs a good dose of bad voting to 'wake up your sheepish idea'.

First I am a lesser mortal, now I am categorised a sheep. But you call the elites - lions. In future when I fill in a form, I will remember to write:

Country: Lion City
Race: Sheep


Let me tell you that the lions are among the laziest animals in the animal kingdom. Been to the zoo lately? They are always basking in the sun, lazing and sleeping. The male lion seldom makes the effort for the kill but he always claims credit and takes the largest share. Hence 'a lion's share' is coined. Are you saying the PAP party exhibits this trait?

Do stop linking me a Homo sapien with animals. I have had enough of MacDonalds' zoo chronicles of trying to convince me that a Cu-pig (cupid) is actually a Pig.

Frankly speaking we don't need leaders with leadersheep qualities. I need leaders with both leadership and leader-heart qualities A good start is to watch and learn from 'The Lion King' movie.

True leadership always has the 'Servant King' mentality.

*roar*

1 comment:

Chee Wai Lee said...

Hehehe. And once in a while, a couple of these army-sheep go on the menu for these lion leaders. Sucks to be those people.

Think I'll go join another army ...